Travel Documents Required For Domestic Travel

An important information on travel documents for adults and children traveling within Malaysia as all air travelers flying domestically must meet either one of the identification requirements as stated below;

1) Malaysian Identification Card – MyKad/MyKid/MyTentera/MyPR/MyKAS and other temporary identification cards
    issued by JPN(Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara)

2) Original Birth Certificate issued by JPN.

3) Cards that are issued by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia – Diplomatic Card/Non-diplomatic Card/Consulate
    Card/International Organization Card.

4) Malaysian Enforcement personnel cards – PDRM/SPRM/ATM (Angkatan Tentera Malaysia)

5) Seafarers Identification Cards

6) Malaysia Parliament Cards

7) UNHCR Identification Card (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees)

8) Original Police Report – Can only be used if the identity of the passenger has been confirmed by PDRM at the time of departure.

9) IPass/IKad/Student Card issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia attached with the original passport.

Please note that all of the above mentioned documents would NOT be accepted if produced as a photocopy upon time of departure. Any documents with that does not comply with the above requirements will be subject to be denied of boarding by the Carrier.

For further enquiries, visit, write in to Customer Care at or contact the Call Centre at (60)3-7841 5388 from 8 am to 10 pm (GMT+8) daily.

We’re friendly! Connect with us on our official Facebook page for the latest updates and promotions.

For updates on Malindo Air’s latest activities and promotions, connect with us via